The scholarship committee meets once a year, and depending on the size of the fund, awards scholarships in May for the following year.
Scholarships are only awarded to students who have been with the Suzuki Music Institute of Dallas for at least one year.
How to apply for Scholarship
1. The applicant’s parents must furnish the scholarship committee with the first 2 pages of the family’s most recently filed tax return for the past year (which the Executive Director will retain until the next Scholarship meeting).
2. The parents of the applicant must submit a “Letter of Appeal”, stating why the scholar needs the funding (which is within the online application).
3. The teacher(s) of the applicant must recommend the student. We will send the request for recommendation to the teacher (using the email provided on the online application).
4. The applicant must have a digital video recording of the student playing a polished, accompanied or unaccompanied piece (3 min maximum). The digital file of the recording will be uploaded in the Online Application. You will not be able to submit the application without uploading the performance video. The recording must be approved by your teacher. You may also upload your video to You Tube and obtain a link to include in your online application.
5. All students receiving scholarships, or even partial scholarships, must perform at outreach and community service events, arranged by or representing Suzuki Music Institute of Dallas. Scholarship students must also attend all final concerts.
Parent/s of the applicant should submit their Tax Return and the completed Online Scholarship Application to the Executive Director, no later than 7:00pm on the 30th of April of every year. Applications will not be considered unless complete.